Friday, June 1, 2012

New Schedule

As of today, I have completed my schedule of posting at least one poem a day for the month of May. Although I missed updates on May 4, May 11, and May 25, I posted a total of thirty-five poems, amounting to a poem for each day with four additional poems. Not all of the poems have been works of the highest caliber, but this self-assigned task has forced me to keep practicing writing and to develop my skills.
I haven't yet decided upon a rigid schedule for these next few weeks, but the general plan is a poem on every Saturday, Tuesday, and Thursday at the very least. The idea will be to maintain this minimum schedule in order to ensure that I continue to write while allowing me to focus on "quality over quantity."
I must admit that I have been in many ways treading water this month for some of my posts, though usually not without good reason. At times I have been too busy to compose anything of length or complexity, but my main reason for this is that I have been putting time into composing works on a grander scale than what I have previously attempted. Over the summer, I will be posting some longer works on an ambitious level exceeding my previous poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment